This policy was updated on May 23, 2018.
According to the 1988 Data Protection Act (DPA, Data Protection Act), privacy electronic communications (EU Directive) 2003 (SI 2003/2426) (privacy regulations) and the General Data Provisions Regulations (GDPR), your data controller is: Tondeuse Shop BV
By using our services (including ordering products, registering on our websites or downloading our app) you acknowledge that we can collect and use your information as described in this policy. Protecting your privacy is extremely important to us and we strive to be as clear as possible about how your information is used. If you have any questions about this or wish to withdraw your consent at any time, please contact us using the information in this section: Data protection and your privacy.
Users of our services
Data protection and your privacy
Data security: Although the nature of the Internet is such that we can not guarantee the security of the information you provide to us via the Internet, we follow strict security procedures when storing and disclosing your information to prevent unauthorized access or loss of your information. Our security procedures mean that we can ask you for an identity document from time to time before we can discuss your account details or other questions.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that gives you access to certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone (and where you have chosen a password) to create a strong password that can not be easily identified.
Tondeuse Shop and all third parties where your information is shared, take full responsibility to ensure that the most appropriate security measures are taken to protect your information.
Marketing: Where you have given Tondeuse Shop your consent, Tondeuse Shop will use your information for some marketing purposes to contact you regularly about offers, news and competitions that we think you may be interested in.
Data storage: Tondeuse Shop saves your information and uses it for a certain period of time. Tondeuse Shop will no longer use your data after 10 years for marketing purposes from the time of the last interaction (eg the last brochure or the last e-mail activity, etc.) or from the moment you request the Tondeuse Shop to stop use of your information for marketing purposes, whichever occurs earlier. At this point your information is then minimized and used only for analysis.
Recorded phone calls or voicemails will be deleted by default after 30 days unless we have a legal obligation to keep a conversation longer.
We do not store camera images of our stores for more than 4 weeks. Unless we see something suspicious that we have to further investigate whether the images should be kept longer because of another legal obligation.
We keep data that we use to prevent fraud as long as necessary.
Data profiling: Data profiling is used to continuously improve the quality of Tondeuse Shop products, services, communications, etc. Tondeuse Shop uses your information to collect statistics or informative summaries on topics such as (but not limited to) customer behavior, ordering patterns and trends, etc. Tondeuse Shop can make automated decisions based on findings, for example sending marketing emails with content related to a previous purchase or that other similar customers have purchased.
You always have the right to see what information is kept about you. If you want to know what information we hold about you, a so-called Subject Access Request, or want to update or correct your information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no costs associated with a separate access request, but Tondeuse Shop can request a small fee for multiple copies. You will be asked for an I.D. proof. All requests will be met within one month.
Please note: if you opt out of promotional contacts, you will still receive essential phone calls and e-mails that specifically relate to an order you have placed with us.
Legitimate interests: If you place an order with us or register, we believe that we can show that we have a legitimate interest in the use of your information for certain marketing purposes, but the choice is always up to you. If you want to receive messages from us, please indicate in particular that you give us permission to send you such information and marketing material / communication by signing up for our newsletter.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect information from you:
• If you navigate on the website, look for the price, and / or other related products and services from us
• If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter or brochures
• If you download our app or make contact via our social media pages (eg Twitter or Facebook)
• If you contact our customer service or our sales team; or
• You respond to a survey or take part in a competition (via our websites, an app or via social media)
We will need to know some information about you, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number (mobile or fixed line) and details about your payment card. If you contact us or submit an application, we will keep a register here that may contain some of your details, depending on how you contacted us.
We use the information you provide us with:
• To offer you a high-quality service
• To improve our services to you and to adapt our products and services to your needs
• To get to know our customers better, as well as the type of customer that uses our services, including the use of third parties for data comparison or data profiling to help us identify similar customers as you
• To identify suitable partners whose offers we can offer for you as a customer of Tondeuse Shop (if you have agreed to this)
• To contact you about Tondeuse Shop products and services that we think you may be interested in.
Gather information through your use of our website or apps
In particular, we can collect the following:
• information about your visits to our websites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location and time data (which you have agreed to), weblogs and other communication data) and the pages you visit.
• information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. These are statistics about the browser actions and patterns of the users and does not identify a person.
We can use this information to:
• ensure that the content of our websites is presented in the most effective way for you and for your computer.
• assistance with diagnosing problems with our servers and managing our websites.
• keep you informed of any changes on our websites.
The information we store in cookies is encrypted and limited, so that only we (and our reliable third parties) have access to this information.
Share information with third parties
We may have to pass on some of this information to a third party, such as delivery partners, suppliers or repairers, product support, payment partners, IT service providers and parties that collect our reviews. The following describes where Tondeuse Shop shares your information. A complete list of individual companies is available on request.
These third parties include:
• Payment Partners: your information is shared to process payments for your order. Our payment partner uses Internet standard encryption technology, Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which encrypts your credit card and bank card details before it is sent.
• Marketing database partners: your information is shared with our marketing database partners to facilitate communications such as emails and marketing communications (if you have consented to this) as well as managing email suppression lists
• Delivery partners: your information is shared with a postpartner to, for example, carry out brochure campaigns (where you have given permission to receive brochures). Your information is also shared to send your packages to you.
• Technical infrastructure: your information can be stored on third-party hardware, for example a supplier of a server room that is used in the management of webshop, accounting program or a website / marketing analysis company for analysis or providing a web chat service.
• Where there is a duty: If we are obliged to release or share personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation and / or to maintain or apply other agreements between you and us (eg collection agencies).
• Legal requirements: Where we are obliged or permitted to do so by law, court order, search warrant or the like offered by law enforcement officials or government employees to Tondeuse Shop.
These companies are all based in the European Union, except for our marketing services providers who store your information in the European Union and the United States of America.
If our company is sold or integrated with another company, your information may be disclosed to our advisers and potential buyers' advisers and passed on to the new owners of the company.
We may provide aggregate statistics about you and our other customers, orders, data patterns and related website information to reputable external suppliers, but these statistics will be completely anonymous and contain none of your data.
By using these websites, you agree that the information is passed on to those organizations.
Payments by third parties
When you place an order, an account is automatically created for you. As part of this process we need your name, e-mail address and we can ask you for other information, such as your date of birth, for example to update your personal data or to make purchases online in the future. Your name and password are required to log in securely at Tondeuse Shop.
This information is also used to identify you when you visit our websites, including to log in to your account.
Links to external websites
We believe that advertising is more interesting for you when it is relevant to you. That's why we can adjust the ads you see based on:
• the information that you voluntarily provide to us;
Geographic location information (where you have given us permission to do this), which we can determine via your IP address, from your mobile device or in other ways;
• information we receive from third parties; or
• your visits to our websites or your use of our services (usually referred to as "Behavioral Advertising").
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file containing information that has been transferred to your browser and / or the hard drive of your computer.
Different types of cookies
The cookies used by Tondeuse Shop consist of four categories. The categories are: strictly necessary, performance, functionality and targeting.
Please note that third parties (including, for example, advertising networks and external service providers, such as web-traffic analysis services) may also use additional cookies, which we have no control over. These cookies are likely to be analytical, performance or targeting cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies
Strictly necessary cookies allow you to move around the website and use essential functions. Without these cookies, services that you have requested, such as saving favorites, can not be provided. These cookies do not collect information about you that could be used for marketing or to remember where you were on the internet.
We use these strictly necessary cookies to:
• remember things like information you've entered on our site when navigating to different pages in a single web browser session
• remember the products you ordered when you entered the payment page
• identify you as logged in in My Account (if applicable)
• Strictly necessary cookies are essential for the performance of the website and can not be disabled. However, if you prevent these cookies (or some of them) from your browser settings, we can not guarantee your security or predict how your website will perform during your visit.
We collect information about how you use our website using performance cookies. These cookies do not collect information that you could identify - all information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works and to understand what content our users are interested in. These cookies do not collect information about you that could be used for marketing or targeted advertising for you on another website.
We use performance cookies to:
• gather information about how our website is used
• measure the effectiveness of our advertisements
• monitor errors that you experience during your visit and improve our website
Functionality cookies are used to provide services or to remember institutions to improve your visit. They help us to offer improved, more personalized functions. For example, we use a functionality cookie to use social plug-ins on our website (eg Facebook and Twitter).
Cookies defined as functionality cookies will not be used to focus on ads on other websites.
You can check whether these functionality cookies are being used by changing your browser settings. However, if you choose to prevent these cookies, we can not guarantee or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and they collect information about your browsing habits. Targeting cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'like' and 'share' buttons on Facebook as well as other advertisements. We use targeting cookies to send third-party information about your visit so that they can make their ads more relevant to you when you visit their websites.
You can check whether these targeting cookies are being used by updating your browser settings. These cookies are managed by third parties and you may also need to use the tools of the third parties to prevent these cookies.
Delete or disable cookies